ConcateNation

Howdy Pilgrim
Welcome to VetZine's Blog
Concatenation
The linking together
of a series of events or ideas
''The Domino Theory''
we have been warned about.
They say
we are at war
Who is the
Enemy ?
Eastasia ?
Westasia ?
Phantasia ?
Daily Dispatches
from the Trenches
email me





Archives:

Powered by:

Download iPodder, the cross-platform podcast receiver





Who links to me?
E-Mail Me

Sunday, May 18, 2003

 
Police State

http://josephalmond.blogspot.com/

Posted 5/18/2003 12:08:14 PM by Joseph

WHY JOSEPH ALMOND HATES A POLICE STATE

Folks,

I feel it fair to share with you why I am so sensitive to cruelty, man's inhumanity to man, and a Police State.

Have you read the two previous posts below?

The one about Chezzy White, the respected probation officer and the quote from Jesus Christ?

If not, please go read them first, then return to learn why I am so very tender about the topic of personal evil on earth.

Take your time.

Absorb both posts. they are just below this one.

I want to share something shocking with you.

It's time the truth is told.

Read the quote by Jesus Christ, Our Savior, very carefully.

Posted 5/18/2003 11:56:35 AM by Joseph

Matthew 25

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

Posted 5/18/2003 11:40:43 AM by Joseph

From: Suzanne Shell
To: vetzine01@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [Fwd: Juvenile Hall]
Date sent: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:12:28 -0600
Send reply to: dsshell@ix.netcom.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Juvenile Hall
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 03:43:29 EDT
From: SIMPLEDLTE@aol.com

My 16 year old son was arrested for a crime on February 7th of this
year. My concerns are not about the validity of his arrest but the
treatment he has endured as a result of it.

He was beaten by five police officers the night he was arrested at
the Police Station in my local town. At the time he was seated,
drunk, and in handcuffs. A report was put in to the Police
Investigators and this was dismissed. They told that he inflicted the
injuries he sustained upon himself. This was in spite of the
independent testimony of a witness to the act. He was transported
directly to a juvenile detention center.

Here at this juvenile detention center, Sylmar Juvenile Hall, he has
been routinely beaten by other detainees and staff in charge of his
various units within this system. He even has to fight for his food.
Not to mention his personal items and books.

Just two days after he was admitted there he had to be taken to the
infirmary. He had been made to sleep in a concrete floor in a
communal room that has a door that leads directly to the outside of
the facility. This door has gaps around it of about 1/4-1/2" where
the wind whistles through. It is in the L &M Unit. He was made to
sleep in that room in his underwear only with just one blanket and a
"boat". This is basically a plastic tray that they sleep in that
sits directly on the concrete floor. I repeat again it was February
and extremely cold. When I had not heard from my son for several
days I called them and they then told me that he was being held in
the infirmary. I was not allowed to speak to him until he was
released from there to return to his unit.

A psychologist tried to prescribe a potentially lethal combination of
drugs to my son. She wanted to give him Wellbutrin and Prozac
together. The combination of these two drugs is KNOWN and documented
to cause seizures. I personally have suffered a seizure due to the
combination of the two together. After I threatened her with a
lawsuit if this combination was forced upon my son she eventually
conceded and prescribed Wellbutrin only for him. He was previously
taking Adderall, it has been prescribed for him at Northridge
Hospital just the prior January for ADHD. Apparently they do not
administer this drug to juveniles in detention or are not allowed to
prescribe it at this facility. She did say that there is a far better
drug called Concerta that is available but that my son cannot receive
it until he is released from the system.

Mothers Day, May 11th, 2003, I went to visit him and again he has
marks on his throat and face. He told me that the probation officer
in charge of his unit at that time, Mr. Anthony D. Louis/Lewis, was
the one who did this. My son had asked to go to the bathroom. He was
denied access to the bathroom. The officer that denied the access to
the bathroom was a Mr. Moppet. Moppet left the door to my son's cell
open. Subsequently he (my son) left the room and went to the bathroom
without permission. My son then left the cell again to request return
of his belongings after visiting, through the locked door of another
boy who was being held. As a result my son was chased into his room,
by Mr Lewis who then held him by the throat over the edge of a 'bed'
(a concrete shelf with a thin mattress) and repeatedly hit him around
the right side of his head, all the time daring him to hit him back.
Louis said, "Go on hit me. You know you want to. Hit me."

My son had marks from the fingers of this man around his throat and
scratches from the man's finger nails. He also had a swelling against
his right eye and he was red from the top of his forehead to his chin
from where the repeated hits to the head had occurred. When I asked
the officer there about this he told me he had restrained my son. I
asked Lewis what method of restraint he had used and he told me that
he had held him by the wrists. There were no marks at all on my son's
wrists. I even showed the marks on my sons face and neck to another
female officer there. She told me that if I made any complaint about
this that my visiting rights would be suspended and that the other
boys being held there would report that I was guilty of bringing
contraband into the facility, (She said that they would say that I
passed money to my son during visiting). Her name was Chezzary White.
She also told me that an investigation meant a lot of paper work and
that I would be accusing a "well respected probation officer" of
doing this and that it would get no where as a result, other than for
me to lose my visitation rights. Is that the result that I am looking
for?"

These marks were still present when I saw my son on Tuesday May 13th
for a court visit. He then told me that the nurse had seen him and
had written that she could see no visible sign or mark on his face or
neck. The bruises and fingernail marks were still VERY visible.

Today May 14th, 2003 my son called me and informed me that he was
told by the guard that a D.O.R was put into his record saying things
that are detrimental to his penalty with the court. The report
supposedly say that he has been uncooperative and combative during
his time there. That he is an AWOL risk, has caused numerous fights
with other inmates at Sylmar and is disrespectful to the staff.
Whether this is a reality or just a threat is as yet undetermined
because we are to go to court again tomorrow May 15th.

My son has begged me not to do anything. He said repeatedly that it
would make life for him in there unbearable. He relayed stories to me
of others in the system there. One of a mentally challenged boy who
was being held for rape. The Staff at Sylmar ordered another inmate
to assault the retarded boy to "test just how retarded he really
was". Apparently from what I was able to understand the boy went into
a seizure as a result of the beating and was hospitalized. He was
reported that his injuries were a result of the Grand Mal he had
suffered, not the beating he sustained causing the seizure. That
guard's name was Short. If you were able to contact my son he could
give you names of the boys involved.
He has also said that he is often denied bathroom privileges to the
extreme of him actually peeing under the door to his cell rather than
urinate in his clothing. When he has had to take this measure he
says it is usually at night. The staff upon the discovery of this
action will then yell at him for his action and force him to clean it
up. This would not be necessary if he were allowed to go to the
bathroom. This is inhumane.

They have recently, since Easter, stopped the parents from bringing
any personal items in at all for the boys there. They are not even
allowed paper and envelopes to write home with. These materials are
provided now, according to one probation officer there, by the Staff
themselves from their own pockets. Does the county not allow the boys
at least a piece of paper, a stamp, and an envelope to write home on?
Particularly now that parents are not able to provide anything for
their children themselves.

Many days he has not been able to attend the school they have there.
He is able to get a book to read while he is at the school but not
supposed to take it to his room to read. I was until recently able
to bring books to my son and magazines, now they are denying that
too. What use is it to deny a child the ability to read!?? Is this
not a constructive and educational pastime? Do the children who are
detained also lose the right to an education?

I am appalled by my sons treatment in this and in many other aspects.
Please help me. I need at least some legal advice, at the very best
legal assistance in this matter. If this is happening to my son then
it is also happening to other mothers' sons too. Is sadism a
prerequisite for a job in the Juvenile and the Police system of Los
Angeles County? How can we teach our children to respect authority
when authority is not respectable? How can we allow our children to
be beaten when they are inside the system? It is illegal to hurt a
child outside the system, obviously the law is above this FEDERALLY
ORDERED RIGHT FOR CHILDREN. My son has been detained now for nearly
100 days and has still not yet received a sentence or been tried. He
is only being detained pending the judges decision. What exactly is
the purpose of this treatment and what is it supposed to teach my
son? If I were to do this to my son then I would be confined, and
quite rightly too. My son is not alone in there. There are many
more with him.
you can contact me on my cll phone at 661-644-3119

at home at 661-263-2990

We were in court May 15th, 2003 and my boy was made a ward of the
court. He is to be in placement for up to three years. Hopefully he
will be out of Sylmar within the next three weeks. Please call me as
soon as I get my son away from that place I am hoping that there is
some action that can be done to stop this. He will then be available
for you to speak to personally. Please call me and I can give you
further details.

Thank you for your response.

Deborah Duffy

--
Suzanne Shell
Director, American Family Advocacy Center
Author: Profane Justice
http://www.profane-justice.org

http://josephalmond.blogspot.com/

posted by Vetzine

 

Powered By Blogger TM